Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

being a kid cool/tooth fairy not so cool

SPOILER ALERT: If the tooth fairy still visits you, you should probably not read this!


My son, Jase, is seven years old. He's not a baby anymore... he's a kid. I'm learning that having a "kid" is really super cool. Don't get me wrong, babies are great. They are sweet, snuggly, and well... they're just a whole batch a greatness. BUT... a kid, that's a whole nuther kinda greatness. Kids can do things themselves, and coming from someone who has consistently been changing diapers, putting on shoes and buckling car seats for the past seven years... it's the sweet life.

Jase has always been more independent than my girls. He walked, talked and potty trained at a much earlier age. He likes doing things himself, and often times this led to some pretty scary disasters (not to mention a few calls to the Poison Control Center). I'm glad he learned to be strong and not shy away from things though.

This is especially true now that he has started loosing his baby teeth. I'm a total wimp when it comes to pulling teeth. My gag reflux kicks in and I'm completely useless leaving Jase to have to fend for himself. He does the wiggling and the pulling with no help from me. Most likely he will continue the role of official tooth-puller when his sisters start loosing their teeth.

The one thing I HAVE to be responsible for is being the tooth fairy. Sounds like it should be pretty easy, right? WRONG! I always forget to do it before I fall asleep at night, which means I have to try to sneak at it before I wake him in the mornings. And, as I've mentioned before, I'm a complete zombie in the mornings, so I tend to loose what little amount of gracefulness that I have. The 'tooth for money' exchange is not as smooth as it should be, so I find that I have to be clever which doesn't come so easy in the mornings. Like this morning, I left the money, but forgot to take the tooth. I told Jase that the tooth fairy probably couldn't find it due to all the toys he had on his bed. He bought my story and figured the tooth fairy would come back tonight to get it.

Awesome.... I get to be the tooth fairy again tonight.


I'm sharing this McDonald's commercial with you, because I think it is super cute and it always makes me smile. So check it out. 

1 comment:

  1. So much FUN! I think my girls think it's strange if the tooth fairy does take the tooth!
    Good Times :)

    ReplyDelete